Saturday, August 21, 2010

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes seem like the optimal first post because this particular batch of cupcakes was made for our housewarming party. (Our house party that happened an entire year after we moved into the apartment, but hey, that's what happens.) I recently discovered the joys of baking with alcohol and had been searching recipes and happened upon Food in My Beard's excellent recipe. I made a few modifications for personal taste that I'll note here.

Frosting
1.5 sticks butter, room temperature
6 tablespoons Bailey's Carolan's Irish Cream (I find that Carolan's, at half the price of Bailey's, is exactly as delicious.)
4 cups confectioners' sugar


Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
12 oz. Guinness at room temperature
4 T vanilla extract (I made the conscious decision to use almost three times as much vanilla as called for because vanilla is fantastic)
1 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
2 cup sugar
2.5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 tablespoons butter, melted

I'd say that I used about a cup of Jameson when I was dousing the cupcakes. The original write-up is not bad for the sake of directions, so there's the first Buttah! entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment